Friday, December 19, 2008

Old Stockings, New Stockings, and Advent Stockings

First, I would really like to say, "Thank you" to all of you for your sweet birthday wishes for our daughter -- even family didn't call so she (and we) appreciated every wish. I just can't even begin to tell you how much. Okay, before I cry....

These are the stockings that our family used for many years. I made them as each one came along and sweet hubby and I made the stocking holders. This picture is from last year.For our Advent stockings...... I made others, in previous years but didn't like them, so I bought felt (on sale, of course!) Drew a stocking pattern and little numbers and cut these all out.Then I put them together and layed them out......... put the numbers on them and after making a few changes, sewed them all up.I spray painted cheap clothes pins, red, and hung them on the garland around our bookcase.The children would grab the activity out of each day's stocking and have fun! This picture is from last year, too. I need to take new pictures, huh? Last year, I also made new gift tags by using our favorite pictures, a scrapbook program, a printer, staples.... This year, I'm using wooden cutouts that I bought from a craft store, painted, and wrote their names on, a few years ago.
This is from last year, too. Sorry about that...... we still had our pumpkins and little man was looking for something to do. So I spray painted them white, drew a snowman face on and he painted them! The Santa hats are from the dollar tree and I just used double sided tape to attach.He was so happy to help!

Okay, this is this year! I decided VERY last minute that I wanted to make new stockings. So I gathered the supplies......cut everything out.... oldest daughter's and my stocking, are coloring page patterns. I had to draw hubby's, baby girl's, and little man's appliques.Oldest daughter loves elves (I've since come back and added polka dots above the elf to balance the stocking, somewhat.) Baby girl loves Nutcrackers and little man wanted a reindeer.
Darling husband wanted a snowman and I wanted a gingerbread man. Our names are "painted" in glue and red glitter.
Our babies enjoying the fire, a few nights ago -- not today.... it's in the 70's and M-U-G-G-Y!!!
Hope that y'all are having more Christmas-y weather! I can't wait to catch up with you and see what you've been up too!

Thanks, so much, for visiting!

Merry Christmas ~~ Julie

8 comments:

Patty H. said...

I love the pictures!
Those snowmen pumpkins are the cutest!! You are a creative person.

BittersweetPunkin said...

Oh..I missed her Birthday..Happy Birthday to your sweet DD!!

Wow..those gift tags you made are awesome...very clever!
I wish I thought of the pumpkin snowman before I got rid of mine...too cute!
Hugs,
Robin

Jenny said...

I really like the old stockings, but the new one are so so darn cute! I must say you're an ambitious lady, Julie. Wow! I love the white pumpkins, too. Awesome!

I'm off to finish aprons! Yippee!

Chris said...

Love the new stockings Julie! The advent stockings are such a great idea...

May you and your wonderful family have a Happy, Warm and Loving Christmas.

Hugs, Chris

tincanlily said...

I love all the stockings. I love the little ones, they are so cute. You did a great job with all of them. Your house looks ready for the big day.
Happy Belated Birthday to your daughter.
I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas.
denise

Rue said...

Hi Julie :)

I had so much fun catching up with you!!

Happy Anniversary!!

Happy Birthday to your sweet little girl!!

The lights and the town in LA were wonderful!! I really love the picture of your babies by the fire and those stocking are beautiful :)

Thank you for always being YOU, one of the sweetest bloggers I know :)

Merry Christmas to you and your family and may your New Year be blessed!!

(((hugs)))
rue

Mary L. Briggs said...

The stockings are so cute!! And I love that pumpkin snowman.

Hope you get some Christmasy weather. We've had lots of ice, but no snow. (Looks like the weather may get sort of rough for the south on Friday-Saturday, so keep your eyes open)!

Merry Christmas to you and your lovely family!

Elise said...

Love your stockings!! I made ours this year and am not super pleased with them. Of course, I made them right before Santa came on Christmas Eve!!
Elise

Blog Widget by LinkWithin