This is on September 17th and I started the power washing on this day........ good times...
By the end of the day -- ta da! The front is clean (with hubby's help!)
September 19th -- I began painting. It kind of looks like a reverse log cabin, here.
About now, I'm thinking, "WHAT was I thinking????" But it's too late to turn back, now...
September 25th -- My baby's got a day off and it's time to cut that mess down.
Woo hoo!!!!
There's the carport!
Now for the front of the house. I've got the front painted by now!!! It was SO hot!
The one on the left....... see ya!
Now for that mess on the right.........
Buh-bye!
Well, that mess isn't gonna clean itself up. So off they go to hook the trailor up to the 4-wheeler!
They made MANY of these trips! We saved alot of the braches (hubby's gonna make some tables and other neat stuff -- stay tuned!)
It's all fun and games until your little brother bops you in the eye with a limb, and then it's just the end of a work day.
But it was a productive work day. You can see the front of the house, now. Those shrubs look awful, still...... hubby fixes that, though!
September 26th -- The carport gets power washed....
Hubby tackles cutting down part of the mess on the side of the shop...
I hope to plant a vegetable garden, here, next spring. We'll need to get some soil brought in, though, because it holds ALOT of water.
Time to go, oddly planted .... plants.
Does anybody know what that demon weed is that hubby just got through cutting down? They planted these sporadically all over the yard, and no matter what you do -- they come back. They ALWAYS come back. Little man dug this one up, finally. Y'all he was so cute and worked so hard. But there's only about 446 more of these things and he can't dig them ALL up. Do you have any suggestions? We don't want to get all hillbilly/redneck and pour gas on 'em, but if we HAVE to...... oh well..... (Seriously, I don't think that's safe, so if you have ANY suggestions.....)
Ta-da! Now I've got to power wash the side and ...
the front -- with my baby's help! Power washing is exhausting!!!
October 1st -- I've been painting the front posts and trim. Which began my little rant about Behr painting "biting" and all. One coat, my boo-hiney! 3 -5 coats!
See that pink wood around the dormer windows? Husband replaced some rotting wood.
Woo Hoo, again!
October 6th -- I begin painting the breezeway.......... I've already painted the carport but didn't take pictures!
So you get a couple of these fun ones!!!! Yay!!!
Well, we're still working. I primed and painted the shop doors; hubby hung the front door; installed, removed, took back defective and re-installed gas fire logs. The old fire logs (they came in the house), we learned by husband almost killing me ;*), were vented ones and not in proper working order -- so we had to buy new ones. We bought the non-venting kind. Thank you, sweetie!!! I can breathe -- we can ALL breathe!!!!
As soon as I can brake, I'll be back with the rest of the pictures (I hope!) Wait til you see how we painted the dormers! Scary stuff....
Many Blessings, Julie

10 comments:
Julie, everything is just beautiful! What a lovely place you're creating for your family. But I'll tell you, I'm exhausting just watching you all. What kind of vitamins are you taking? LOL
Smiles,
Lea
Ya'll have been busy! It looks great! Except for your eye. ouch!
Julie,
You guys really tackled a HUGE job, God bless you. We need our front porch rails and posts painted and I can't even get in the mood for that, you put me to shame. I have to say I am relieved that our whole house might be getting painted (long story) and then the posts and rails will have to get done then. I would like to change the color scheme of the house at that point, so that is my excuse for not tackling this job right now.
Cheri
Wow! What a busy girl you've been. The pictures look great!
I wanted to pop in and say "Hi!" I haven't visited you in awhile, and I hope all is well. But it looks like all is busy! :)
Oh, it's beautiful! You guys have put so much hard work into the house and made it a home. Hats off to all of you! Now I need to go make some fudge, lol.
Wow, Julie, y'all have been BUSY!! I am sure that's an understatement!! It is looking great!!
Elise
Julie,
Your entire family has been working, working, working! And all that hard work has definitely paid off...everything looks wonderful! I love seeing transformations like that!
I was wondering...could you spare me some of that energy? :)
Tammy
Oh, so much work...I'm tired by just looking at your pictures! lol. Beautiful home! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! blessings, Kathleen
It all looks so beautiful, Julie....ya'll have been very busy!
You have a lovely home.
Wishing you a most blessed Thanksgiving-
Hugs,
Pam
Goodness Julie, your place looks gorgeous!!
Why didn't you give me your number when we were re-staining our house? tee hee
Post a Comment