Thursday, November 13, 2008

Autumn Treats

Y'all, I'm so excited with the beautiful new shutters that my sweet husband built and stained! They are beyond gorgeous -- but not completely done, so I'll have to wait until another day to post. I hope that you'll love them as much as we do!!!

In the meantime, I've started to clean out the cupboards in anticipation of critters that may be looking for warmth and food ... okay, mice -- eww, I said it, mice. I was gathering all the glass jars that I could find to put just about anything that's in a package. Husband thinks that I'm over-reacting (ME????) but I remember mice getting into everything (when I was growing up in the country.) So, anyway...... Some things didn't fit entirely into the glass jars that we have and I was trying to think of what to do with the superfluous foods. With the excess marshmallows and cornflakes, I made some Rice Krispie Treats -- but not.I melted 40 jumbo marshmallows & 1/4 cup butter -- removed from heat and added 5 cups of corn flakes with autumn sprinkles -- and pressed into buttered 13"x 9" pan.The children really enjoyed them and they looked kind of festive.....?

A few days later..... I made these -- Butter Pecan Cookies. They reminded me alot of Pecan shortbread. I just love pecans; don't you?!?!?And, finally....... when I couldn't watch my Cowboys lose another game...... I went to the kitchen to make sugar cookies with my new cookie cutters!Do you love sugar cookies? I think they're so "happy". Work -- but happy work!I could go on and on about them...... but I won't........... because, right now, I need to do a few reps on the stairmaster.
Oh, wait......... I don't have a stairmaster! Oh well, would you like a cookie?
Thanks for visiting!
Many Blessings,
Julie

13 comments:

Jenny said...

Yum! If I ate a full pack of sugar cookies, would that be gluttonous? Is that even a word? I'll be right over, down, something to help you guys eat them!

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

We've been having cookies several nights around here too! You look like you went through way more trouble than I did though! I had a tub of gourmet cookie dough that I bought from a band member of a local school. Just scoop some out onto a cookie sheet and instant gratification! lol! All of your goodies look yummy!

Have a great weekend, Julie!
Tammy

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Yes, I want a cookie...or two? I like things in glass jars also. I also love to bake cookies. Blessings,Kathleen

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Just popped back in for the marshmallow-cornflake recipe. Thanks for sharing, blessings, Kathleen

Elise said...

Oh yum!! Wish I could have been there...
Elise

April said...

Hi Julie,

So glad you dropped by today and entered my giveaway!! Good luck to ya! ;)

Your goodies look delicious! I think I've gained a couple of pounds just looking at them! I must tell you that I made your fried apple pies and they were a huge hit!! My whole family loved them...especially the hubby! I will definitely be making them, again!

Have a wonderful day and come back anytime!!

Anonymous said...

Yummers! Lovin' it all! Those cookie cutters are so cute. I'm gonna have to go hunt me down some of those.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Julie, I have a present for you. Come to visit my blog. Blessings, Kathleen

Pam said...

Oh yum.....the cookies look so good!!!
Hugs,
Pam

Paula said...

Stairmaster, phooey!! Just fixing all those goodies is exercise enough! LOL
I would eat myself stupid at your house, Julie!

Chanda said...

The cookies look so nice, I just wish I had some to enjoy with my afternoon tea. You have such a lovely blog. Its like a great afternoon talk show, so relaxing and enjoyable.

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Oh Julie, you are just so much fun! Love the yummy suagr cookies and marshmallow treat!

Hugs,
Maryjane

Farmhouse Blessings said...

How did I miss this post? Everything looks to good. I am definately going to give those pecan butter cookies a try. They look and sound heavenly.

I really like the way you've used the glass jars. I just love the inside of the cupboard to look as pretty as the rest of the house, don't you? I surprised we haven't had a mouse visitor yet, but I believe our outdoor kitty friends are keeping them quite busy!

Can't wait to see your handmade shutters! What a sweet husband you've been blessed with.

I've just got to go write down the recipe before I forget where to look for it.

Smiles,
Lea

Blog Widget by LinkWithin