Anyway, this crazy Louisiana weather (70's one day, 30's the next night!) has me all confused on whether it's fall or winter. Well, winter makes me think of ..... Christmas! I always make fudge at Christmas, so I pulled out this cookbook that we bought in Natchitoches, last year. Y'all, they are turning on the Christmas lights this week-end!!!!!! I'm just dreamin', thinking that we could go this week-end, but...........
In case you're in the mood for some, easy to make, fudge... here's the recipe:Fantasy Fudge
3/4 cup margarine (I used butter)
3 cups sugar
2/3 cup evaporated milk
12 oz semisweet chocolate chips
7 oz jar marshmallow cream
1 cup chopped nuts (I used pecans, of course!)
1 tsp. vanilla
Mix margarine, sugar, and milk in a heavy saucepan; bring to a full boil, stirring constantly. Continue boiling 5 minutes over medium heat or until candy thermometer reaches 234 degrees, stirring constantly to prevent scorching. Remove from heat. Gradually stir in chips until melted. Add remaining ingredients; mix well pour into a greased 9-in square pan (I used a 13"x9"). Cool at room temperature. (Cooling took a while, here, but I'll bet up north, this would be ready to eat in a few minutes!)
Well, I'm off to check schoolwork, work on the Thanksgiving grocery list, go put another coat of sealer on the window board tops.........
My husband wants to start putting up the outdoor Christmas lights in a couple of days (on his days off) but he's going to hang the window board tops (I don't know what to call these, but you'll see them in the pictures!) and hang the front door and I need to paint the shop doors and stain/seal the trim around them and we'll be done with the outdoor painting! If you don't mind, I'd like to start posting pictures of that process in the next couple of days. It will take a couple of posts (just so that I won't overload you on pictures....) We sure hope that you'll love the transformation!
Many Blessings,
Julie

9 comments:
Julie, I am saving all your posts to read for tonight! I have to read each one...they all look so delicious! I love fudge!
denise
I've been thinking about fudge lately too! My dh makes awesome fudge, using the old recipe that has the evap. milk in it. Yum!!
Oh Fudge! My mouth is watering. ;)
I just love this fudge. I found this recipe years ago. I have tried other fudges, but this is the easiest and the best tasting. Thanks for sharing, blessings, Kathleen
That is the tried and true one around here- my Grandmother made it with that recipe for years!! It makes the best fudge ever!
I can't wait to see all your decorations... tell Hubby to hurry up! LOL
Oh yum...this makes me seriously hungry for fudge!!!!
I can't make fudge...wish I could; I've never made a batch that was edible; I always look forward to the time when my sweet son-in-law makes fudge....he's the cook in the family!
Have a great weekend!
Pam
My mom makes the best old fashioned fudge! Everyone wants her fudge during the holidays and I can't make it turn out like hers when I try!
And would you believe The Christmas Story is one movie I've never seen as much as I like Christmas movies...another one on my list to watch!
Tammy
Yum...
I like photo overload, so pile 'em on!! Can't wait to see the changes y'all are doing to your home!!
Elise
Oh, and we must have watched A Christmas Story one hundred times last year. Its my husband's favorite Christmas movie and my kids love it too!! Am I a bad Mom for letting a 6 and 3 year old for watching it?!?! Oops!!
Hi Sweet Julie!
Fall, I believe will not be coming to CA this year! LOL! Thanks for the yummy fudge recipe and yes, I LOVE the Christmas Story! I watch it throughout the year! "You are going to shoot your eye out!"
Love ya,
Maryjane
Post a Comment