Thursday, October 9, 2008

Drive-By's

While we're painting..... Yep, we're still painting the outside! It's very slooooooooooooow going. One warning about Home Depot paint.......... don't buy it!!!! Ugh! We bought Behr paint with primer (costs extra but is SUPPOSED to cover with one coat.) It has been taking 3 or more.
Thankfully, we only bought it for the trim paint -- we bought Lowe's for the body. It really is one coat (sometimes 2.) But the trim painting is very tedious work and in the most dangerous areas, at times..... so that kind of adds to the aggravation. #1 That they didn't tell the truth (about 1 coat) and #2 That's is still so dad gum hot down here! Where is fall???? We'll get through it. I just wanted to warn y'all about that stinky paint!!!

Okay, enough ranting! Melissa, at the Inspired Room calls these kinds of pictures, "drive by's" -- I hope that y'all like ours. This is the kind of look we're going for with our house -- a kind of French Acadian, "Low Country" Louisiana, and still "woodsy", cabin/lodge-y look.
Hubby doesn't get my fascination with this one???? I love the Craftsman bungalow style homes, too. Look at that bridge in the front yard! Does this house remind you of the dad's home in "Back to the Future"?

This house really has alot going on..... different door styles and tooooooo many light fixtures that don't even go together -- so why do i like it, anyway?!?






In this neighborhood, every house is inspired by Louisiana architecture (mostly New Orleans).

This is the side of the above house.Okay, now this one is a business. Isn't it soooooooo nice and woodsy? The stonework, the colors, the wood, the light fixtures, and the setting!!!! Love it! So natural!A close-up....This one is just really neat, to me! Thanks for coming along for the ride! Hope that you are all having a blessed week! I'll be blessedly painting!

Many Blessings,
Julie

11 comments:

Mary L. Briggs said...

Oh, thanks for sharing all the pictures. I love to drive around and look at houses. I think I'll take the one with the bridge in front, LOL!

R~Mary

Paula said...

I love that first one the best!!! LOVE the big front porch!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Pam said...

Painting----Oh, Julie, I feel your pain- I truly do!! We painted the exterior of our home in July; we learned all kinds of things about the process, some of them not so good!!! I'll be thinking good thoughts for you!!!
I enjoyed the "drive-by" tour!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend,
Hugs,
Pam

tincanlily said...

Love the "drive-bys". The homes are just gorgeous!
Hope the weather cools down for you. Fall, is in the air here. Not too cool, just right.
Have a nice weekend.
denise

Jenny said...

I really enjoyed all of your pictures! That first set is beautiful! And Craftsmans? I LOVE them! If you could send some of those gorgeous wooden doors up here, I'd be greatly appreciative. :) Great stuff.

For paint, we used Sherwin Williams Durations and hubby was really happy with it. It supposedly lasts forever. Literally. I'm skeptical, but we'll see. As long as forever is as long as we're in this house, I'm fine with it. :)

Have a fantasmagorical weekend!

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

Fun touring your "drive-bys"! And I really love your banner too.

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Hello Sweet Julie!

It was fun driving through the neighborhoods with you! Great pictures! I can't believe you are already painting the outside of your home! You are fast girl! I know that you wanted to do that and now I can't wait to see it finished!

Have a wonderful week sweetheart!

Hugs,
Maryjane

Jill -Forever and Ever House said...

Thanks for sharing all of these photos. I find it so interesting to look at houses in other communities in the world. They are gorgeous!! I love the deep porches.

Farmhouse Blessings said...

I love looking at homes too! It is so fun. My very favorite is the cabiny one. Give me a tiny cottage over a mansion anytime. I just like cozy.

Smiles,
Lea

Blog Widget by LinkWithin