Sunday, March 28, 2010

YIKES! Too Late To Turn Back Now...

We're in the middle of a master bath re-model.  Hubby's taking out the tub - and the potty!
AND the tile and the sink!
Little Man is sanding the cabinets for me to paint - as well as being a huge help to his Daddy and learning so much!!!   Oh yeah.... remodeling ain't pretty!
While they were demo-ing and starting to rebuild... I was doing "girl" stuff.  Working on accessories (I'll get to that at a later date) and painting the cabinets and cabinet doors.
Hubby building up a frame to poor the concrete in for the new shower floor.  We're going without a tub since we never use one.  We love hot showers! 
Hubby had to re-pipe, etc.   Aren't men so neat?  Love them! Especially mine!!!
After he mixed and poured the first bit of concrete he put down a plastic "membrane" before adding more concrete. He also added the plastic on the walls before adding the concrete backer board.  Tile comes next.
After applying 2 coats of paint - I applied a glaze to the cabinets and doors.  And after 24 hours, applied  polyeurethene.
And then Baby Girl and I ran to the nursery to pick up some tomatoes, lavender, mint. basil, thyme, oregano, and a yellow rosebush (Baby Girl wants to grow roses!).  The egg cartons are holding some chives and zinnias that I started from seed.  The zinnias are starting to pop up but no word from the chives, yet.
Well, I'd better get back to the remodel.  We're beginning the tilework today and hubby's gonna let me use the tile saw!  I'm also going to try out our new smoker - NEVER done that before, either...
Can't wait to catch up with y'all as soon as we break!
Hope y'all are having a wonderful spring!
Many, Many Blessings ~ Julie

9 comments:

Granna Girl said...

Love the idea of a big shower. We're wanting to do the same thing in our 2nd bathroom. We have a big tub in the other one (the grandgals love a bath). I live in West Monroe and my name is Julie, too!

Kerin said...

Holy Moly girl! You guys are busier than a three legged dog running from the dog catcher!
I love how your family works together and everyone contributes to getting the work done! That's the way that we have always been too! It looks like a ton of work, but the end result will be terrific.
Hope the new rose bush does great!
I love roses, but I've never been one to love to grow them. Well, last year on mothers day, my family bought me three rose plants.
They are gorgeous, and indeed, worth the work!
Good luck with your projects, and have fun using the smoker! Can't wait to see how everything turns out!!
Have a great day!

Mandie said...

I love plants! They are so earthy and beautiful.

Oh my I can't wait to see how your bathroom looks when it is all done. I love the color you did on the cabinets! I am jelous!!

Kerin said...

Good Morning!
Just checkin on ya.. seeing if you're still kicken :) Hope you're getting lots done.
Have a great day!

Donna Lynn said...

Hi Julie, looks like things are really busy around your house! I went through a total bathroom remodel 5 yrs. ago in our other home, 25,000 dollars later it was a dream bathroom, gulp! We really need to do our master in this house too, but am gun shy about the money that keeps adding up! How are you guys doing with a budget? I need motivation!!!!

Thanks for checking on me, I could not load up any of my pictures on blogger, so I just gave up for a while, today I tried again and Bingo! it worked!!!!

Take care and can't wait to see the after pictures.
XO,
Donna Lynn

Eggs In My Pocket said...

It is always wonderful to remodel and to get it finished. Have a wonderful Easter. blessings,Kathleen

tincanlily said...

You are always so busy! I am looking forward to seeing the finished bathroom and the flowers.
denise

Paula said...

Oooh how exciting, Miss Julie!!! I can't wait to see the finshed project.
Spring has finally sprung around here too- hope your little plants are well on their way!

Mandie said...

Hey sweety, just checking in on ya. How is your bathroom coming? I bet your plants are looking good. Any eggs yet? Have a wonderful weekend!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin