This weekend, we had cinnamon toast for brunch. I just love cinnamon toast - it is such a treat. It's so simple to prepare and yet leaves you feeling so satisfied ... so at home. The wonderful warm buttery taste mixed with the sugar and cinnamon...mmm... Just the smell of it leaves me feeling so relaxed, so joyful, and so loved.
I know, sounds silly - but I get excited over the simplest of things. God is so good to give me us cinnamon!
(picture from the net - source unknown)
And so now that I was basking in my love for cinnamon, I decided to see if it is good for me.
Guess what? It is!
Studies have shown that cinnamon:
* Taken daily can lower LDL cholesterol
* May have a regulatory effect on blood sugar, making it especially beneficial for people with Type 2 Diabetes
* Has an amazing ability to stop medication- resistant yeast infections
* Reduce proliferation of leukemia & lymphoma cancer cells
* Has an anti-clotting effect on the blood (good for me and Protein S deficiency!)
* Smelling cinnamon boosts cognitive function and memory
* Fights E. coli bacteria
* Taken daily, provides significant relief in arthritis pain
* Improves digestion
* Relieves congestion
* Improves energy, vitality, and circulation
* Prevents tooth decay and gum disease
Wow! Cinnamon not only tastes good - it is good! Wish that I could grow a cinnamon tree....
Oh well... I was able to plant some alyssum, the collards, and some green onions. I'm trying to hold off planting anymore... not knowing what the weather has in store, but I got anxious! I've saved some seeds in case it frosts and gets what I've planted.
At a local fabric store, I found this too adorable oil cloth and knew that Franny would love it, too. So she and I went back and she bought it.
So we got started on recovering Franny's dinette chairs - she finished them this week-end and they're too cute!
We went to our local nursery and bought another pound of Jackson Wonder's and a lemon tree,
....a tangerine tree...
and 4 small Rosemary bushes... don't you just love rosemary?
Hubby's building some storage for our master bath. It has none for linens - ours are stored in the common bath and we have to run get them before one of the children hop in that bath or else we have to wait to use our own bathroom shower! Isn't that crazy? We think so - so we're planning a little remodel.
We'll be doing the work ourselves - never done this before. But I have faith in my hubby's skills! Wouldn't you - look at him!
Look how cute they are!?! I just love them so much!
And hubby and I had a "date day" where we went to the Symphony League's book sale, out to lunch, the health food store (our bodies are turning on us and we're trying to fight back!), to the home improvement store, the nursery, and to get coffee...mmm...
Have the robins returned to your area? Is it warming up, for y'all yet?
I sure hope so - I know how y'all are ready for spring!
Many Blessings ~ Julie










10 comments:
Julie, I am so envious of your tangerine tree and lemon tree!!! We tried a lemon tree and I killed it?! That fabric is adorable and will look great on those chairs. A date day sounds fantastic. I love that special time with my hubby. On Sundays we get an hour while the girls are at youth group. It is soooo wonderful. Yesterday we went driving around looking for some eagles that are nesting at the lake. We didn't see them but enjoyed the drive! I can't wait to see your remodel. Making that home all yours is what it is all about. I don't think a house is ever really done. There is always something we can work on, hehe. Have a great week!
There is so much in this post I would love to comment on!!!! But, all I can really do is fight my urge for Cinnamon Toast!!!!
Hi there Julie!
Oh yes,I did know that cinnamon was good for you!! I started taking it about a month ago.
I made a huge mistake one night though! I took it on an empty stomach, and then went to bed. Oh boy... was I ever sorry. I burped cinnamon all night. Nasty!
Now, I take it after breakfast, when I'm up and getting things done. Maybe the gell caps sink to the bottom of my stomach this way?!
Rosemary is, in my humble opinion, the most PERFECT herb! I adore it, and plant it every summer. Our harsh Utah winters are not too kind to Rosemary, so it winter kills. I always save and dry some, and look forward to the next summer to grow it again.
One year, I was able to transfer it into giant indoor pots,and it made it into January, before it gave up the ghost.
Love the fabric! Love that your sweetie pie will be able to spruce up things, just the way you want!
Have a wonderful day!
That fabric is adorable! It will look great on the chairs. Nice to do it together. I would love a piece of cinnamon toast right now! It sure is a nice treat any time of the day!
denise
mmmm! I love cinnamon toast. lol!! I think it's funny that they are now selling cinnamon as a 'healthy' thing.
Ya'll are just so busy!! Love that fabric
Hi Julie!
Thanks for thinking kindly of our family picture. I think that my family is the best looking bunch of folks ever! Of course I am NOT including myself in that sentiment!
I always say, that in the next life, I want to be taller. Lots taller than my 5ft.7in. now!
The yogurt is very, very easy to make. It just takes time and does it's own thing. My grandma had a fancy yogurt maker... but I think that the crock pot works just great.
As for gardening... I am self taught and have made (and continue to) my share of mistakes. In fact, I am thinking of adding an oak leaf hydrangea to the front garden this year. I pray it won't be a 'mistake' and not make it through our harsh winters.
OH! If you do find Miss Jaster's Garden, you will love it. It was written by N.M.Bodecker. It is a Golden Book. Hope that helps.
Our cinnamon caps are also 500mg.
I don't think that it is too much, I just think that I took it at the wrong time that night. I haven't had any issues since.
We really, really NEED to put up the wood fence! We have an interesting neighbor to one side, (which is putting it nicely)and it will be better for us to have the added privacy.
You are the girl that amazes me! I love all your daily puttering! You all have such a great home and piece of land, and you make every inch welcoming and homey.
Have a wonderful day.
Julie,
I just looked up Miss Jaster's Garden on Amazon. Ouch. It is pricey! $24.00 used and up to $77.00. Holy moly. Maybe there is a place to buy it that is more reasonable.
Let me know.
K.
Love the fruit trees! I hope you have lemons and tangerines soon! The fabric is so sweet! Cinnamon is wonderful on everything!! Yes, it is very spring like weather here!Have a good weekend, blessings,Kathleen
Yes...Cinnamon toast for breakfast on this fine Saturday!!!!
Just wanted to wish you a happy St. Patrick's day! Don't get pinched.:)
Post a Comment