Today Baby Girl and Little Man are feeling icky. They've got colds and are running fevers. They still have school, though. No breaks in homeschool! They're snuggled in front of the fireplace in blankets reading, right now.
Yesterday, they were putting a puzzle together. Franny got home early from work and joined in.
Last week was pretty quiet because hubby was trying to nurse his cold. He would seem better and then we would get out and BAM! it would come back, again. Saturday was a really big work day - too big - because hubby felt a little worse and that's when the babies got sick, too. But here's a little of our going's on:
We stopped off at an antique store that is closing for a couple of months and was having a big sale! Yep, I bought a rusty old metal bucket -- and I've used it, plenty, this weekend. SO much better than the cheap plastic ones....
This one's to collect cucumbers and zucchini and tomatoes and butter beans and purple hull peas...
This pan to shell those beans and peas in! And we can weigh the bounty on this antique scale!!!
Hubby and Little Man built a little fence around what will be the watermelon/pumpkin patch -- AFTER hubby had tilled in more mulch and manure...
Isn't it so cute?!?! I love it! We're going to have to re-locate the patch when that Pecan tree gets bigger!
The lettuce is still growing! Yay! I planted some Marigold, zucchini, and cucumbers in the bed.
The collards are still growing!
And the Alyssum is popping up!
I planted some Zinnia around the tree in the garden and in a planter.
A few more in the an egg carton and started some chives.
Just in case the ones I planted around the apple trees don't make it. Chives are supposed to prevent apple tree scab. Yuck.
Speaking of which, the apple trees are trying to bloom...
Baby Girl planted 3 more blackberry bushes - hubby bought more because the deer ate a few of the others.
And placed fresh mulch around the blueberry and blackberry bushes.
As well as around the peach trees,
which are starting to bloom....
I just love peach blossoms!
The citrus trees aren't looking so well. The nursery said that they're still in shock and it's still too cold at night to plant them - so we're having to tote them in and out everyday to water and for the bees to pollinate.
All of this clay/sand mixture was spread out because of the poor drainage. It's a HUGE help! We're either going to bring in some topsoil and plant grass or let nature take it's course and the grass will grow up through it! ?????
The hydrangea bushes are also waking up. I'm glad they survived all the deer nibbling!
The hens still aren't laying but I bought white Easter eggs to add to their roosting boxes (I read about it somewhere!) In the meantime.... here's Martha and Betty (Burt) -- we're not sure if she's a girl or not???
And Annie came to check on me while I was checking on the collards.... Bertha and Patsy ran up, too. Patsy is the big trouble maker in the back - the jury's out on her, too.
Irene didn't want her picture taken. I want to be mad at her, but I do the same thing if you point a camera at me..............while on the way to get my gun in retaliation for you're pointing a camera at me!
What's going on at your home? Have you been enjoying your beautiful weather, too?!?!Many Blessings ~ Julie

























7 comments:
Wow! You guys have been super busy.
Oh, how I wish we would get warmer!
I was saying goodbye out front to some friends the other day, and I looked down under the apple trees, and I saw little tiny green leaves starting on my mums. Maybe there's hope after all:)
Hope you all return to good health. It's no fun being sick.
My sweet-heart just got over a nasty head cold and then I got an e-mail from my daughter that is living in Ohio, and she has had a head cold also!
Really, we all need a dose of good weather and tons of sunshine.
I LOVE your scale! I am on the hunt for one myself.
I had one years ago, and it got broke.
The peach blossoms are so beautiful, and it looks like you will be doing some canning this fall.
Well, I'm off to the kitchen to bake some ciabatta bread for dinner.
Have a wonderful day.
Well, I picked up the Mrs. Meyers ironing water at the clearance sale of the hardware store. It is lemon verbena scent, and yes, it smells wonderful!
The new Cuisineart is working great! Each side will do one quart.
We have done frozen Coke several time(yum) and the carbonation doesn't seem to make any difference. I do love the chocolate frozen yogurt that it makes. You just keep the 2 containers frozen and pull them out when you are ready to make ice cream, frozen yogurt or frozen Coke. It's pretty easy to use.
Talk with you later...
Wow, that is going to be one gorgeous homestead! Love the trees! Sorry that your family is not feeling well. A nice stretch of warm spring weather should be just what the doctor ordered!
denise
I love that last picture of the chicken. She sure is giving you a pose, haha.
All of your plants look fantastic! It is not that warm here yet but I do see trees blooming out. I think the red bud but I am not sure. They sure do look pretty. I love how you are framing the pumpkin patch in. That looks soooo cute. I can't wait to see pictures of it in the fall.
That table is working out so nicely for your family. An area like that is much needed for a puzzle. We do ours on a card table and it is so hard to do the puzzle and not knock the little pieces off.
I love all of your new finds. Those pots are my favorite right now. I love the white with the red rim. What a perfect little pan to put your veggies in. And the scale is wonderful. I bought one the other day at that yunk store I love so much but mine is all rusted. Yours looks like it is in much better shape. I love it! I saw in the Flea Market magazine that it was used for a stand on a table scape. Yours would be lovely for that!
Well I better get going. Hope you have a beautiful day!!!
Hope this finds your family feeling better. I love vintage pans like this! The weather here has turned out warm and beautiful! Have a great weekend, blessings,Kathleen
It is just starting to warm up here....lots of blossoms and blooms...I need to get weeding and planting :)
Hugs,
Robin
Ya'll are so busy!! Love your finds from the antique store!
Post a Comment