Monday, February 15, 2010

*** Y'all LOOK! ***

Please indulge me?  It snowed, here, last Friday!!!  And it stuck... for a few hours.  These are a few of the 700 (yep, 700) that I took.  It only snows like this about every 10 years!
All government offices (including schools) were closed but Franny had to go to work. Not that I'm fussing about that blessing, but I just love to have all my babies together on such happy days! 
So I hurriedly snapped about 50 of them together - none turned out great, but I still love having pictures of them, together!
And then Franny was off.  Bye, bye, Franny. Be careful!!!
And then the snowman making began!
Uh-oh!  The sun is trying to come out.  NO! Sun, sun, go away....come again another day...
They're kicking it in to high gear before the sun breaks through, completely. 
I'm standing in the middle of the highway to take this picture.  I heard my husband say, "Your Mama is standing out in the road!", as he continued to build.
Baby Girl and Little Man did a great job for their first try!   Of course, hubby kept reminding them that his lasted longer!   They just play all the time!!!
If you can see them, over to the right, Baby Girl told me that they're getting snow off the table to pelt their Daddy with!
They made snow angels!
And then the fights began...
It's all fun and games until your big sister hits you in the ear with a snowball.
Daddy checks it out, while Baby Girl sighs and tells her brother to, "Man up". 
So I call a truce and make them smile and take pictures.  Little Man wasn't "feeling it" and remarked that it was hard standing next to her after she pelted him in the ear.  Yeah, he was a little touchy about that....
But I still got a few pictures!  And told him he gets 5 free throws against big sister... now whether he got them or not???
Hope that y'all all had snow and were able to enjoy it!  Even if it only lasted a few hours (like ours) - we were just blessed to get any!

Many Blessings ~ Julie

6 comments:

Kerin said...

WHOO! HOO!!
Congratulations on the snow...see, I did send it your way :)
It sure does look like you guys are enjoying it.
Those adorable,warm smiles on your families faces will melt it though !
I posted some pics of my son's room today. It feels like Yellowstone to me.
I spent EVERY summer in Yellowstone growing up.
I think he will love it.
Have a blast in the snow!
I was just tickled pink toay when we saw temps get up in the 40's, and I can see a tiny small patch of lawn.
Have the best day!

Kerin said...

Thanks so much for your kind comments!
I too have lots of projects on 'the list', and since my son is in Virginia, and won't be coming home until late summer-early fall, I certainly had a good excuse to not get it done. But, my sweet husband kicked in the after-burners and helped me out TONS. I think he wanted to cross it off 'the list' too!!
As far as the sign goes, you know the old saying that necessity is the mother of invention. I didn't really want or have the money to spend on buying a new picture, and I really wanted something with a bit of whimsy. I am a gal that if I can make something... I'll make it before I will buy it !
Have a great day.. enjoy the snow!

Paula said...

Awww... that's wonderful that you all got snow, Julie!! It's beautiful... it looks like a heavy wet snow. (Perfect for snowballs, as little man found out! *giggle*)

If things don't calm down in the henhouse, let me know... I think I may have a few ideas to help you! (And no, they don't involve any neck-wringings! LOL)

Patty H. said...

Yeah!! I'm glad ya'll got some snow. We still have about 2 inches on the ground from the weekend. More in the forecast next week. You asked about black walnuts. The trees we have in our yard are about 60 ft tall, I have no idea how old they are. We dont' do anything to them. Not sure how you would go about growing them from seedlings. They do have a different taste than reg. walnuts. Stronger.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

I can feel your excitement for the snow! Being a Texan, it is always a magical thing for me to see! Blessings,Kathleen

tincanlily said...

If it only snows once every ten years I can see why you are all so excited! I love the picture of the four chairs near the pond.
Have a wonderful weekend.
denise

Blog Widget by LinkWithin