Hi, Guys! Hope that your new year has been wonderful! I've been feeling kind of "bleck" -- I guess it's those after Christmas blues. But last night was fun! The Cowboys won! that was such a great game!!!! The only thing that could've made it better was being able to watch it with sweet hubby. He was working, so I was sending him e-mails of the scores. Other than that......it's just been, well, life going on around here. You know, nothing to write home about. Not that I'm complaining - boring is good! Right?!? Right?



With this wonderful, winter weather we've been enjoying the fireplace and movie classics. Just love "The Thin Man", the dialog is so quick and witty and watching Myrna Loy and William Powell.... ah, does it get any better?

Not neccessarily better, but I think I could watch Myrna Loy in anything (love her in Mr. Blanding's especially) and William Powell (brilliant!) Life Wtih Father is one of our favorites. My favorite line from the movie is when Mr. Day (William Powell) says,
"Why did God make so many dumb fools and Democrats?"
Another favorite actress, of mine, is Greer Garson. She stars in my favorite version of Pride and Prejudice.

The funny thing is, that I don't watch alot of television or movies - except when there's a great "old" movie on and then the "tube" has my full attention.
Speaking of reading.... WHAT is THIS all about?
Are you kidding us me? No, no, no. You can mess with alot of things but leave my books, my wonderful paper books, alone! I'm not going to rant, I'm not going to rant.... But seriously, how do y'all feel about those things? Am I completely crazy?
Many Blessings,
Julie




6 comments:
Woo hoo! Love those Cowboys! Hubby is a lifelong fan as his Dad's cousin is Lee Roy Jordan and Hubby watched him play growing up.
I LOVE Classic Movies too....they don't make them like that anymore.
Hugs,
Robin
Congrats to the Cowboys!
We spent New Year's Eve watching Thin Man movies. Love 'em!
Julie, I LOVE my hard books too...but my Kindle is just so cool! I will always have books that I keep & cherish. But the convenience, space-savings & tree-saving features of the Kindle are pluses in my book!
Watching old movies during the winter is a great way to get through the cold days!
Just yesterday, we watched " State Fair" , the 1945 version. Oh ! I would LOVE to live on that farm and in that house.
I have now added some of your favorite old movies to our list to rent and watch.
I too love the feel of a good book in my hands.... and does Kindle have that same yummy book smell that you get when you open the pages? I think not!
For me, the verdict is still out on Kindle.....it seems to be a wonderful space saver, a great convienience, but I do love my books...
I've never seen "The Thin Man," (not sure how I've missed it), but I'm a Myrna Loy fan....love Mr. Blandings Builds His Dreamhouse, but also "The Best Years of Our Lives" is a great picture. I highly recommend it!
Have a fantastic week,
Pam
I feel the same way about my books, Julie! There is something so comforting to me about slipping the bookmark inside the page until next time. So I guess we're both freaks! (*LOL* Not really, just a little old-fashioned...)
Hubby and I got to see the Cowboys win too! It was great!
Hi Julie, I love old movies as well. Claudette Colbert...in The Egg and I is just one of my favorite actress's. You asked about selling the Aloe Vera at the market? Yes, I have quite a few little plants now and plan to sell them along with other sprouting plants this summer. Have a great weekend, blessings,Kathleen
Post a Comment