Happy New Year, everyone! We hope that you had a blessed, safe Merry Christmas and a blessed, safe New Year's Eve and New Year's Day!
We're having ham, Black-Eyed peas, cabbage, and corn bread for our New Year's dinner. What are y'all fixing? Anything "traditional" or are you being a rebel, this year?!?!
Happy New Year ~ Many Blessings
Julie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
Hi Julie, your meal sounds just delicious! We always have blackeyed peas, chicken fried steak, baked potatoes, corn bread/yeast rolls and usually a cobbler for dessert. Julie, you asked me a couple of questions on my blog....and please know you never bother me! I always love hearing from you. I have never grown butter beans, but I order good quality seed from Burpee's. They will send you the best catalog if you request one and you can either order seed or plants. I have always had the best results from them. You might also try your local feed store. I alway purchase my chicks from our local feed store, usually ordering different ones, including ducks. The only problem is that I always wind up with a rooster in my batch of hens. McMurray Hatchery (you can find them on-line) is the best for ordering chicks to your home. Don't order past May, because many chicks die from the heat during travel. McMurray Hatchery has so many wonderful breeds to select from, plus peacocks, pheasants, geese and ducks. I hope this helps. Have a wonderful weekend! blessings,Kathleen
Happy New Year to you Julie!! I pulled out the black eyes peas to eat but they are still sitting there, tehe. My family kind of takes a stand against them but I love them. For lunch today we went to Red Lobster! Oh it was sooo delicious. We haven't eaten there in 2-3 years so we decided to treat ourselves to it. It sure is a treat! We enjoyed our New Year by going to JoAnns and Bass Pro Shop. It was a perfect day. JoAnn's had their patters on sale for .99!!! I found a couple dress patterns, a coat pattern for the girls, and some apron patterns. I am so excited. I pray that you have a blessed year!!
no black eyes peas and such for us here. I love them but no one else here does. Happy New Yr
Hi Julie---no blackeyed peas here; I forgot (oops!!!!). Your dinner sounds wonderful!
I just wanted to wish you and your family a very happy and blessed New Year.
Pam
Happy New Year Julie! Hope 2010 is a year of blessings & fun for your wonderful family.
We had a prime rib, roast potatoes & salad last night. We switched things this year and did the ham, sweet potatoes, cole slaw & cornbread for Christmas. Just feeling contrary I guess. LOL!
My husband doesn't like black-eyed peas (somehting wrong with him) so I don't get them often. But I love them, especially with greens!
Hugs, Chris
Julie! Happy New Year to you too!!
(We ate ham, collard greens, cornbread, and butterbeans....not sure if this is tradition, but everyone was pleased and full. :)
Happy New Year, Julie! I don't get by too often these days but couldn't resist stopping by to wish you blessings in the new year!
Smiles, Lea
Post a Comment