Hello, Friends! Since I'm watching the Saints game, I'm sitting still. Since I'm sitting still, I have time to post. I'm so very behind in everything. We're still working on the kitchen. We've been held up by the cabinet guy and Lowe's. You just can't ever tell how long a project will take, no matter how well you plan and how hard you work - can you? In remodeling, just as in life, there are things (many things) beyond our control. ...sigh...
But here's a finished project: We began ripping up flooring and replacing with tile, on Mother's Day. Here's the before:
The carpet doesn't look as bad in the picture as it truly was. But take my word....ick!
So we began.....
Saving you the pain of looking through all the work pictures.... here's the after!
Our foyer had this really, really hard linoleum plank flooring that had to be chiseled up. Yeah. Fun.
After:
We also replace the light.
With a chandelier from Overstock.com
We love it!
We're still working on our kitchen island, the trim molding, the flooring.... I forget what else. And I'm re-painting some outdoor furniture - the sun and heat have been unforgiveable!
It's still been so very hot, here. The heat indices in the 100's. When is our blessed Autumn to begin???
Are y'all having Autumn weather, yet? Please share?!?!?
Many Blessings,
Julie
P.S. Miss Chris, I can't open your blog and can't visit with you. I'm still trying - I just wanted you to know why I haven't been by. I sure hope that you're doing well! We just adore you!!!











7 comments:
Is there anything you as a family can not do? You make a wonderful team! You are really making this house your home! I hope you get some cooler weather soon! We are having perfect fall weather! Makes me want to bake anything pumpkin!
denise
Good Morning Julie!
The tile looks amazing! I am sure that you are grateful to have that project done! It certainly looked like a bear of a project too!
Love the new light! Gorgeous!
Can't wait to see more of your wonderful projects :)
Love the new header too!!
Hope you have a great one.
My word, what a difference the flooring made! Great job!!!!
You can't open my blog? Drat!
I wonder why? Here's the URL, maybe you can do it if you paste in a new browser window?
http://refininglife.blogspot.com
If that doesn't work, I'll see what the Blogger folks have to say. Others seem to be able to visit.
I really love the tile! It is a smart & attractive choice for a high traffic spot. The new light is perfect too. Looking good girlie!
Chris
Looks beautiful!! I love the tile. So much easier to clean and know that it is clean. You all have been workin so hard! And doing such a fabulous job!!!
Fall isn't here yet yet. We have been in the 90's. But this weekend promises to be much cooler!! I am very excited to enjoy the cooler weather!
Blessings to you Julie!!
WOW!!
I remember when you did the bookshelf wall, and just look how far things have progressed!!
:)
you guys are just redoing your house from top to bottom...and it looks great :)
Post a Comment