Sunday, November 1, 2009

Adirondack Chairs and Fall Fun!

First, I'd love to show you the Adirondack bench.  It is stained and sealed and sits in front of our carport where....

My hubby just finished the shutters. He cut, built, stained and sealed them and they just make everything complete!This is how they look together.After finishing "adirondack" work - (I was finishing with the sealing) - Hubby was teaching Little Man how to build a campfire - like a boyscout.It was so beautiful and burned for hours!Which was perfect, because it was COLD!  We roasted hot dogs and the children played 20 questions and with the pups!So here are the new additions... Cabin Redand Olive Green.We went outside, after the rains, and enjoyed a cup of coffee, listening to the leaves rustle on the trees and the ground, and loving the brisk fall winds.... it was just magical!

Then, I began my next project.... something I've been wanting to do for years, but kept putting off...
But I have to leave you with one more image... late yesterday afternoon. Little Man spotted him in our front yard!  Isn't it beautiful?  Sorry the picture isn't any better -- I'm taking the picture from inside our front door.

I sure hope that y'all are having a beautiful, blessed, Fall!
Many Blessings ~~ Julie

9 comments:

Patty H. said...

How fun!! I love those chairs. I know you'll have many happy times sitting in them.

Cathy Cobblestone said...

Hi Julie - wow, your pictures are beautiful. I absolutely love those chairs - they are AWESOME. I have one and it really needs to be painted - you've inspired me. You had ask me about the popcorn balls - well, I have to say I didn't make them. They were ordered but I'm sure you could with styrafoam balls, popcorn and berries glued one - they maybe spray with clear coat. It would be worth a shot - let me know if you try any! Thanks for stopping by! Cathy

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Oh, I just love those chairs! I love the stain and the colors you chose! We love to sit around the fire outside when it is cold also! Blessings,Kathleen

Mandie said...

Julie the chairs look wonderful!! I absolutely love all of the colors you all chose. The shutters look great too. We have been debating making our own too. The ones we have now are vinyl and have faded quite a bit. We were going to paint them but now I think we will make them after all. Yours look great on the brick house!!! Ours is vinyl siding... I wonder if it will look okay? Hmmmm Great photo of the deer. I just love wildlife! And there isn't anything better then sitting outside to a homemade fire. What a blessing

Chris said...

Wow! I'll take a set of those chairs too. Love that you painted them different colors. Oh, and the shutters and the bench are pretty great too!

Glad that "you know who" is living up to his H3 reputation. (hunky, handy, husband) Not without some help from his wonderful wife, of course.

Julie, everytime I read your blog these days, I just have to smile! What a joy to get to know your wonderful family!

Fondly, Chris

thepaperroSe said...

love the chairs! I painted mine this summer (after being white for a zillion years) and loved the change. But, seeing all of your beautiful fall colors makes me want to redo them again! What a pix they make!!!

tincanlily said...

The shutters and chairs look great together. The colors are very rich looking. Love the painted chairs, too! I can't wait to see what you are going to make with all the Christmas looking cut outs.
denise

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

I love, love the colors of your Adirondack chairs!!

Paula said...

Oh Julie- the chairs are gorgeous!! And the shutters make your house look so pretty! Your Hubby did a fantastic job on those.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin