Thursday, September 24, 2009

~*~ Happy Fall, Y'all ~*~

I'm listening to Glenn Miller's "Moonlight Serenade" as I'm writing... I just love music from the 40's -and the 50's too - but music from the 40's so often just hits the spot! It seems to fit every season, but on these cloudy, autumn days - I just can't think of anything more perfect.

I think I'm pretty well finished with the autumn decor for this year, but I do have a few more pieces that may wind up somewhere.... Let's start with the dining room buffet. I have to apologize, first, for being sooooo boring. I like things to be symmetrical -- I try to fight it, but...Hubby bought me these beautiful, carved people from Hobby Lobby on a half price sale! I only buy decor when it's at least 40-60% off!See? Boring... but that's me - boring. The framed crocheted dishcloths, I bought at an antique store and stay up year-'round, now. I recently framed them in these older frames - I taped them to green card stock and painted the inside mat dark brown. The lamps (shades included in the box) came from Wal-Mart - the shades are red but look orange in this picture?The entryway.... Got the boxes last year at Hob Lob on clearance... The candles came from Michael's years ago but they still have their gingerbread smell - also on clearance!The gourd, we got at a farmer's stand, last year - I painted it red to match. The owl is a Christmas ornament (bought on clearance!)These little pilgrims came from the dollar store a few years ago. Those dried blueberries? From our bushes - we didn't do that on purpose....it happened during the drought in July, but I couldn't stand to see them go to waste so they're all over this display.And finally, except for the banister (which I didn't take a picture of), here's our mantle. There's another picture in my previous post.All the leaf garland, I've had for a while now and bought it (on clearance at HobLob) and just bought the plainest (although we like it!) most inexpensive -- this year, I went to Michael's and bought half-price fall flower clusters and our oldest cut them apart for me while I stuffed them here and there in the dining room and mantle garlands. The lights we bought on clearance at Wal-Mart.

Thanks for looking! Hubby and son finished building the other 2 chairs last week-end and I painted them olive green and campy red and then put the satin sealer on them yesterday. It's so muggy outside that they're still sitting in the shop trying to "cure" - I'll get pictures of them as soon as I can! Thank you for all your sweet comments on the others, in the last post. Y'all are just too sweet to us!

I'm off to bake a loaf of bread to go with the beef stew tonight...

Many Blessings ~ Julie

9 comments:

Mandie said...

Decorations look great!! Not boring at all. I love the lights under the leaves, very pretty!

Pam said...

Everything looks Beautiful!
What a lovely home.
Blessings,
Pam

Michelle said...

The decorations are just lovely! We haven't even had a hint of fall yet so mine are still packed away. Send some of fall this way!!!

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Very pretty, Julie! I love your fall decor...all of that green, orange, red and browns...that's just feast for my eyes! It all looks so cozy at your house!

Tammy

sandy McClay said...

Julie,
Boring??? Not al all? Beautiful and cozy....yes! I lvoe the idea of the framed crocheted (sp?)hotpads....It is suppose to hit 105 today....please think cool!!!! It is bound to show up eventually! :)

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Everything looks so warm and welcoming! Just lovely! blessings,Kathleen

Elise said...

Love all your FALL decor!! I have some potholders like your's, I may have to borrow that idea!!
Elise

Paula said...

Wow- your decorations look like something from Southern Living, Julie!!
I am very impressed!!

Priscilla said...

Hi, I just stopped by to say I love your Fall decor! How cozy everything looks...

Priscilla x

Blog Widget by LinkWithin