I've been getting out the fall decor and we started putting it up - I've been adding white twinkle lights (aka Christmas lights!) to the leaves for more glow. I still have a bunch of tweaking to do, but I just haven't been able to make the time.... ANOTHER dentist visit, an orthodontist visit (for the little ones) and a bunch of other boring stuff that takes up so much time....hopefully, I'll get around to finishing, soon ;*)
Baby girl and I put a stain/sealer on the dock, while the water level was down! Look at that girl in the water - she is so cool! To get the posts and sides, I was just going to lean over the edge and let the blood rush to my brain.... silly me!
Meanwhile Little Man and my too smart hubby, who drew out the pattern from reading plans in a book, were in the shop making adirondack chairs! Yay!!!!! I love, loVE, LOVE adirondack chairs! I'm so blessed!
Here's the first one, with the putty in the holes... just waiting to be sanded and painted.
When I started painting them, I really began to realize why they're so expensive to buy - very labor intensive! So far, hubby and son have built 3 but there are 2 or 3 more in the works. They're made from pressure treated wood, painted with outdoor flat paint, and sealed with satin, outdoor, weather-resistant sealer. Too much protection? Nah... never too much! This picture is before I added the final sealer - they are much more muted (I think I like them better this way). But.....
because I can't leave well enough alone... they're much shinier than I expected - they're supposed to be more satin, not glossy. Oh well... they're more vibrant, I guess? This one is kind of a harvest gold.
Now this one, was more plum - before the sealer - now it's a little more purple. That's okay, that's Baby Girl's favorite color. I think she's claiming this chair for herself! When you have just these first two chairs side-by-side, it's totally LSU! Geaux Tigers!
Now this one is very autumn leaves... not nearly as bright as this picture appears. I love autumn!
We've got olive colored paint, navy paint, and a dark "campy" red paint. I can't wait to have them all done! I'll share pictures just as soon as we finish!
Baby girl and I put a stain/sealer on the dock, while the water level was down! Look at that girl in the water - she is so cool! To get the posts and sides, I was just going to lean over the edge and let the blood rush to my brain.... silly me!
Meanwhile Little Man and my too smart hubby, who drew out the pattern from reading plans in a book, were in the shop making adirondack chairs! Yay!!!!! I love, loVE, LOVE adirondack chairs! I'm so blessed!
Here's the first one, with the putty in the holes... just waiting to be sanded and painted.
When I started painting them, I really began to realize why they're so expensive to buy - very labor intensive! So far, hubby and son have built 3 but there are 2 or 3 more in the works. They're made from pressure treated wood, painted with outdoor flat paint, and sealed with satin, outdoor, weather-resistant sealer. Too much protection? Nah... never too much! This picture is before I added the final sealer - they are much more muted (I think I like them better this way). But.....
because I can't leave well enough alone... they're much shinier than I expected - they're supposed to be more satin, not glossy. Oh well... they're more vibrant, I guess? This one is kind of a harvest gold.
Now this one, was more plum - before the sealer - now it's a little more purple. That's okay, that's Baby Girl's favorite color. I think she's claiming this chair for herself! When you have just these first two chairs side-by-side, it's totally LSU! Geaux Tigers!
Now this one is very autumn leaves... not nearly as bright as this picture appears. I love autumn!
We've got olive colored paint, navy paint, and a dark "campy" red paint. I can't wait to have them all done! I'll share pictures just as soon as we finish!Thank you for stopping by. I hope that you're enjoying the weather in your area - even if it's rain. Rainy days are some of the best!
Many Blessings ~ Julie

10 comments:
OOOOOO, those chairs are so cute!! I love the different colors you chose. Hubby made 2 and we just painted them white. I am thinking I need to paint them different colors now, hmmm. Very pretty!!!
Wow, Julie! Those chairs are fantastic! What craftsmanship and love the colors...like them different colors!
Love your fall decorating too! I love fall! And we're getting lots of rain too!
Tammy
I love that Fall decor. The chairs are to die for!
Donna
Julie, honestly, you guys get more things done! It all looks great!
I LOVE the chairs!
The fall decorations are so pretty--I really like the idea of adding the "twinkly" lights; makes it all so warm and pretty- I want to try that this year.
Blessings-
Pam
Hello Sweet Julie!
These chairs are beautiful and couldn't be built and painted any better! Wow, great job! I LOVE your hen house and can't wait to see it in full swing! Your children are growing up so fast Julie! They are beautiful to say the least.
Love ya,
Maryjane
JHi Julie,
just love the adirondack chairs, your husband and son did a fantastic job, and I love the fall decorations too.
Thanks for sharing,
Sue
LOVE the chairs, lady! You have all done a wonderful job. The hen house is a hoot, too, lol. Great family time.
The chairs are just yummy! I would like to see the other colors too! They will last forever the way you built them! I have a question, my husband wanted to know who is singing the Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered song??? He loves it! Thanks!
Just love the cheery colors of the chairs. Don't you love how comfortable they are? Happy fall. blessings,Kathleen
Ooooh- the chairs are gorgeous, Julie!! We have a couple of them on our deck and I love them, they are soooo comfortable.
And I love your decorations, too!
Post a Comment