Friday, August 7, 2009

Our Emma is Gone

From the day that hubby and Little Man brought the twins home, little Emma Grace has had such a special place in my heart.
A Very special place.... I never knew that I could love a dog so very much. I've always loved dogs and feel that they are our best animal companions -- but I have never loved a puppy more deeply.
She was the best dog that I've ever had. She was so sweet and loveable and playful and soulful.
She was always the first puppy to meet us at the door when we came out and would sit and let you love on her as long as you wanted.
Last Sunday afternoon, we let the puppies out of their pen, after returning home from a ride and we played a very little and went about our chores while they played and ran.
When Baby girl went out to feed them and put them up, she saw Emma on the side of the road. Hubby ran out to pick her up but she was already gone. My husband buried her with one of her favorite toys and a little teddy bear sheet.

I feel so silly because I just can't shake this...I can't seem to stop missing her. I keep telling myself that she was just a dog but she was so much more than that....

15 comments:

bigstarbig said...

It took my husband and myself a little over a year to not cry when we thought of our little Sugar.
Now we can remember the fun and cuddle times we had.
Good luck to you and you have lots of company. Sincerely, Linda B.

Jeanne said...

So sorry to hear your story. I understand. We get so very attached to our little pets and they are just part of the family. You and your family in my prayers.
Jeanne

bobbi said...

My heart goes out to you at the loss of this wonderful dog. Please don't feel a bit silly about not being able to shake your feelings of mourning. Remember that, "All creatures, great and small, the Lord, God, loves them all." May you find comfort in the memories you have this beloved family pet.

Andora said...

Our pets are our family.don't feel a bit silly,I love my 3 boxers and our cat sooooo much,it would hurt me terribly if something happened to them..God bless..

Lydia said...

Oh Julie - they're never "just" dogs are they?. They become a part of our family and have a spot in our hearts. I am sorry to hear about your loss.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Julie, my heart goes out to you and I know how you feel. I have lost so many pets to the road. Blessings,Kathleen

Never So Simple said...

I seen your blog on Tammy's Country Girl at Home blog. I clicked over and tears just filled my eyes. I am so so sorry. I love my little dog to death and can't imagine what my life will be like when she is gone. She was actually my daughters dog but for some reason Abby and I just bonded. I was always a cay person until she came into our lives and she is every bit a true friend. I'm sure your pup was like our Abby more than just a dog.

Donna

Maryjane~Sweet Sassy Sadie Lee's Granddaughter said...

Hello Sweet Julie,

I am sooo sorry to hear about little Emma! I am so sad for you. Don't you dare feel silly about losing a dog! A dog becomes part of the family. I have had many pets come and go throughout my growing up years & marriage and I miss them all! I am sure your children are missing her to!

I Love the kids Christmas pictures! You are so smart to take them now! You are such a good like Mommy Julie!

I love the fence Hubby and babes built for you! Looks like you are enjoying your new home.

I started a new little blog! Kinda retro and it should be fun!

Thinking of you sweetie!
Hugs,
Maryjane

Chris said...

Aww Julie honey! I am so sorry about Emma. I know how you cherish every member of your little family and how heartbroken you are. I'm sending lots of love & cyber hugs to you all!

Chris

Pam said...

Oh, Julie- I'm so sorry to learn about your sweet Emma. It is a hard thing to lose one so dear to our hearts.
Blessings,
Pam

Paula said...

Oh, Julie... I'm so sorry, sweetie... but don't ever feel silly grieving over an animal- they are family, too. Anytime we lose a member of our farm family I STILL bawl my eyes out! (I've cried over chickens so many times it's not even funny!)

Elise said...

I am so sorry to hear this...
Elise

Mandie said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I know it is hard. Our neighbor accross the street lost their dog on Friday evening. She is still devistated. I think that animals have a special place in our hearts and you are not silly for not shaking it off.

Unknown said...

Julie,
I saw your post passing thru some other blogs and I just had to stop and say how sorry I am for your loss....My son had a friend that lost his dog just a couple of days ago and he is so devastated. I have a rescue dog now in my life that I feel the same way about...I love her more than I can say, sometimes it scares me how attached I am....the photos broke my heart....she was so cute! There will come a time when it won't hurt so much...Sandy

Donna said...

Passing through and read about your puppy...I'm SO very sorry!!!(((HUG)))

Blog Widget by LinkWithin