Friday, November 13, 2009

Silver Dollar City

Last weekend, hubby took us to see the Christmas lights in Branson at Silver Dollar City!  It was opening weekend for their Christmas celebration.  It was soooooooooo busy - we heard there were 18,000 people!I just love all the little stores and buildings - they are so charming!  And these little kiosks/stands.We didn't get a funnel cake, here.  We're saving up for the BEST funnel cakes - the ones in Natchitoches!I took these next couple of pics in their Ice Cream Shop (wish I would've gotten pics of the outside, too!) - Isn't this tree too precious?We also went in this store with nothing but Christmas trees...... a little touch of heaven for me....  Baby Girl and Little Man rode a few rides, many times and this is one of them! Hi, Babies!  We see y'all in there!Back to those trees....Loved this woodsy one!Isn't this a precious idea?!?!Little Man rode the Pirate Ship all by himself and just loved it!This is where we had our dinner!  That skillet cooking smells just devine! The lights were on all day, but at dusk is when you could really start to see them!  Can you imagine if one goes out on these??? Wouldn't you just hate having to find out the one that took the strand out?!?!A quick side trip to one of the most beautiful stores..but alas, it's just too rich for my blood.  So back outside we go...And into this pioneer cabin.  Look at the Christmas decor...Don't you just love log cabins?The ride that Baby girl and Little Man rode over and over and over and over and....  They LOVED it!Waiting for the parade to start....It was short and fast, but soooooo adorable!

Thank you, sweet hubby, for taking us to Branson!  Everything was wonderful except for the phone call with Mike --- UGH!

Thank y'all for visiting.  If you get a chance, SDC is just such a sweet place to visit - so wholesome and family oriented.  So sweet and yummy.  So charming and beautiful.
Many Blessings ~ Julie

9 comments:

BittersweetPunkin said...

Julie that looks like it was great fun! Oh I wish I could've gone with you. I bet that totally put you in the mood for Christmas or what?

LOVe that cabin too....

Hugs,
robin

Mandie said...

I LOVE Silver Dollar City!!!!! We have only been there once but had the best time ever! I really enjoyed the Christmas shop they had. How beautiful it is now, WOW!! You took perfect photos, love the trees all decorated. I have friends from Kansas that drove to SDC this week and are spending it all weekend there because it is sooo awesome. I am glad you got to go at the perfect time of year. YAY

Never So Simple said...

Oh I loved all of the pictures. I bet it's even prettier in person. Looks like the children had a great time.

Donna

Patty H. said...

That looks like such a fun place! Seeing all these Christmas decorations and lights is making me a bit excited about it this yr.

Colleen said...

Your trip to Branson looks like it was a lot of fun! I love that area. Especially since that is where my hubby and I got married. my family and I go to Natchitoches every year too! Always on the second Saturday of Dec. It is such a fun tradition. I am getting so excited about Christmas!!

sheila from life @ #17 said...

thanks for sharing those wonderful Christmas photos! makes me just want to get in the mini-van and GO!

tincanlily said...

I have never heard of Silver Dollar City, it is beautiful. The trees, are to die for. It looks like a cute little village. I have never had a funnel cake. Thanks for tour! It must be over the top with a little snow!
denise

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Oh, how much fun! So festive and exciting. I have always wanted to visit Branson........maybe one day! We have friends that go their every year and each time, they say it just gets better and better! So glad you and your family got to go! blessings,Kathleen

Pam said...

OK, Julie, you have put me in the Christmas mood!!! What fun...I know you must have had a wonderful trip.
Thank you for being so sweet to check up on me. It has been a crazy few months, but I do hope that the holidays will bring a bit of serenity.
Wishing you and your precious family many blessings-
Pam

Blog Widget by LinkWithin