Monday, July 13, 2009

A Smiling Fool


I smile and say, "Hi!" to EVERYONE -- just walking down the street, in Wal-Mart, doctor's offices... EVERYWHERE.

Yes, I'm a smiling fool. Even when I'm dying on the inside.

It used to make my husband crazy, when we were dating. He finally busted out, "WHY do you smile at everyone, even people you don't know?!?!?"
Well, for many reasons.... It may be the the first (or only) smile they receive that day; "...let your light shine before men ... and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." Matthew 5:16; ..."Let brotherly love continue. Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares." Hebrews 13:1-2; ...because you should be nice to everyone (even if they don't return the gesture); ... just because I'm having a bad day doesn't mean that I shouldn't be nice, chances are you aren't the cause of my bad day... so "Hi!" and **smiles**, I could go on and on. But I think at the time, I was less philosophical about it and retorted with, "Why DON'T you smile? It's mean!" Yeah, I really told him -- didn't I?!?! (But now, he smiles, too!)

I have been confronted with that question TOO much over the years, though. I've, many times, even been attacked for it. So be it... God is so good... I hope that you find a reason (or many reasons) to smile, today!

Many Blessings ~~ Julie

P.S. Try not to judge us smiling fools, we're sometimes just as sad and downtrodden as anyone else -- we're just trying to make the day better!

4 comments:

Mandie said...

I love it you smiling fool!! I would rather be that then a negative nilly. I am sure you have made many peoples day with your smile. I know it makes me happy when someone smiles at me.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

You just keep on smiling! The world needs more smiles! blessings,Kathleen

Chris said...

Besides...

Smiling actually does make you feel better! Endorphins or something. I am a "smiler" too. It really can make the difference in your day. Julie, I am smiling at you now!

Chris

Pam said...

Ah, Julie- the world does indeed need more smiles. I am truly grateful when those smiles come my way, and I know that other people are too. Honestly, you never know when your smile might just make a difference in someone's day.
Keep smiling-
Blessings-
Pam

Blog Widget by LinkWithin