A few things going on since we've been "gone" ...... finally got some of the babies hung (these frames didn't have picture hangers on them and they're made of some kind of resin -- it took a while to find a solution and we were bogged down with other things!) They're up now, however!!!
These are the largest frames and hang in our foyer -- a collection of various favorites!
Some of our favorites of our oldest baby!
Some of our baby girl.......
And a few favorites of our little man....
These next 2 have extended family in them, as well. There are so many family members missing, however.....
I went on a business trip with hubby -- to ..... New Orleans. Yikes!!!! I'm scared of New Orleans -- I'm pretty much scared of everything since I became a mother. I used to be brave (stupid brave) until my life didn't belong to me, anymore. You know what I mean? These next couple of pictures are on the way (almost there) to N.O. This bridge is 26 MILES long!!!! Why is this a big deal? Because I HATE bridges! Yep, another phobia brought on by having our babies! 
Just driving into New Orleans. Love these beautiful old structures. That is the one thing I regret about not getting out....seeing the architecture -- otherwise, I'm fine ;*)
The Super dome where the Saints play alot of games ..... and where so many took refuge during Katrina. I must say, it gave me chills being so close to it -- knowing some of the atrocities that took place, in there, during that time.
I remember when they were frantically searching for Fats Domino, when the city flooded. They knew that he was staying in his home in the 9th ward district (which was heavily flooded) but hoped he was able to escape and make it here. Turns out the coast guard rescued him and took him to a Baton Rouge shelter -- but, thankfully, he's fine! Do you love his music? I'm hearing "Blueberry Hill" right now....
The next few pictures are from the hotel we stayed in -- Le Pavillon -- as a business trip, the company chose (and paid for) the hotel. It was NOT child friendly, which is one of the reasons the babies stayed home.
There's no room for modesty in this bathroom ....
but it's pretty, huh?
Aren't these pretty doorknobs? I love all the details, the ceilings had beautiful crown molding and were stenciled.
I went on the rooftop a couple of times -- there's a pool down at the very end. It was really pretty but a pool on top of a building that's over 102 years old kind of "creeps me out"! I'm sure it's perfectly safe...
Other than venturing to the rooftop a couple of times, I remained in the room while hubby and friends/co-workers went off to class. My brother said, "Shame on you, Julie! What do you have to say for yourself?!?!?" He was just kidding, but he was also a little disappointed in me, I think.
But we've never left our children for more than a day (and that's when they had "active" grandparents YEARS ago) AND we weren't more than 30 minutes away. So our first concern was getting back home, safely, to our babies. It also made us take care of some things that were long overdue, such as writing wills and signing "Payable on Death" cards at the banks. We were so relieved to know they had such a thing.
Anywho.... back to the hotel. These next few were taken in the hallways...



One of the 3 (I believe) suites -- those are REALLY supposed to be beautiful!
I took my computer (so I could train to use my photoshop), books, my camera (to try to learn how to use it!) But there were so many interruptions, it was hard to concentrate on anything for more than just a few minutes. So this is what I mostly did ... look out our window at the construction and watch people interacting on the streets.
I only watched a little news while there and there were a few murders. If they're murdering the people who are there to help them rebuild their city, why would they care about some insignificant "tourist" like moi? Nope, no regrets about not getting out -- well, except for that architecture ... and the aquarium ... and the D-Day Museum ... and I really want to see the Civil War Museum!
Our little ones made us a "Welcome Home" sign!!! They are too sweet!
Back to our dying little garden... here are the carrots and chives.
Oh! We planted 2 new apple trees -- they're dwarf apple trees. We bought one and got the other free!!!
The only potatoes that were edible, from our garden. I just don't have my grandfather's gift.
The corn is still alive, so far...........
.... and the cucumbers....
The tomato plants are all goners, however.
Our first cucumber and tomato! We grew about 6 tomatoes, I think?
About 15-20 strawberries -- all sporadic in growth times -- no strawberry shortcake...
So far we've picked about a dozen peaches. They've all been small, but delicious! Only the Elberta Peach has produced fruit this year -- the Belle of Georgia is just pretty and larger.
Before this incredible heat wave and no rain hit, we were able to pick a few blueberries ...
and blackberries.
Enough to make homemade blueberry muffins!
Finally hung pictures on what hubby calls "Our Memory Wall" -- first we cut out and numbered papers (to mock the frames) for a pattern.
This would have gone easier (albeit MUCH slower) if this had remained a one man job! Sigh...
From this cookbook -- and I can't say enough about it. It tells many stories of these 2 women's lives and I enjoyed reading every one!
I made these Lemon cookies -- they were so delicate, they melted in your mouth -- next time, however, I'm going to have to figure a way to add more lemon (hubby and I love the lemon flavor!)
The puppies are growing so fast! Emma is just so pretty!
Will is our "mess" most of the time! We've since found out that they are probably a beagle/Louisiana Blue Tick Hound mix. They are VERY smart and so sweet (most of the time!)
But because they pick and choose when they're going to let us know when they're going to use our floor as a toilet and when they'll go to the door to be let out.....
Hubby and children cleaned out an area behind the shop to build them a pen.
The pen is finished but they still need shelter ... the doghouse will have to be built next long week-end. So they're still inside pups!
Hubby had to sprinkle Sevin dust out to kill all the centipedes coming in -- they're at every door and window .... kind of creepy....
And because I love sock monkies (have never owned one, oddly enough?) I decided to make Christmas ornaments from felt and batting...
...one for each of the children. They're kind of ugly, but I drew the pattern looking at a pair of Nick and Nora Christmas pj's we bought for our son. Yeah, I know, that's no excuse... but it's the only one I've got. ;*)
And for Father's Day.... sweet hubby and Daddy got a tiller, a box fan for his shop, some new work gloves, and window guards for his car. In this picture, he's tilling up the soil for new garden beds -later we added lime, compost, and cow manure. He said that he remembered adding much manure with his Aunt Jerry when he helped her as a young man!
He took us to Jefferson, Texas on Father's Day (every dad's dream!) and we stopped back in Shreveport, at El Chico's, for supper. He kept saying, "This is my day!" Of course he was joking, that is so NOT him! He's so crazy! So I started calling him "Dadzilla" -- we just laughed and laughed!

These are the largest frames and hang in our foyer -- a collection of various favorites!
Some of our favorites of our oldest baby!
Some of our baby girl.......
And a few favorites of our little man....
These next 2 have extended family in them, as well. There are so many family members missing, however.....
I went on a business trip with hubby -- to ..... New Orleans. Yikes!!!! I'm scared of New Orleans -- I'm pretty much scared of everything since I became a mother. I used to be brave (stupid brave) until my life didn't belong to me, anymore. You know what I mean? These next couple of pictures are on the way (almost there) to N.O. This bridge is 26 MILES long!!!! Why is this a big deal? Because I HATE bridges! Yep, another phobia brought on by having our babies! 
Just driving into New Orleans. Love these beautiful old structures. That is the one thing I regret about not getting out....seeing the architecture -- otherwise, I'm fine ;*)
The Super dome where the Saints play alot of games ..... and where so many took refuge during Katrina. I must say, it gave me chills being so close to it -- knowing some of the atrocities that took place, in there, during that time.
I remember when they were frantically searching for Fats Domino, when the city flooded. They knew that he was staying in his home in the 9th ward district (which was heavily flooded) but hoped he was able to escape and make it here. Turns out the coast guard rescued him and took him to a Baton Rouge shelter -- but, thankfully, he's fine! Do you love his music? I'm hearing "Blueberry Hill" right now....
The next few pictures are from the hotel we stayed in -- Le Pavillon -- as a business trip, the company chose (and paid for) the hotel. It was NOT child friendly, which is one of the reasons the babies stayed home.
There's no room for modesty in this bathroom ....
but it's pretty, huh?
Aren't these pretty doorknobs? I love all the details, the ceilings had beautiful crown molding and were stenciled.
I went on the rooftop a couple of times -- there's a pool down at the very end. It was really pretty but a pool on top of a building that's over 102 years old kind of "creeps me out"! I'm sure it's perfectly safe...
Other than venturing to the rooftop a couple of times, I remained in the room while hubby and friends/co-workers went off to class. My brother said, "Shame on you, Julie! What do you have to say for yourself?!?!?" He was just kidding, but he was also a little disappointed in me, I think.
But we've never left our children for more than a day (and that's when they had "active" grandparents YEARS ago) AND we weren't more than 30 minutes away. So our first concern was getting back home, safely, to our babies. It also made us take care of some things that were long overdue, such as writing wills and signing "Payable on Death" cards at the banks. We were so relieved to know they had such a thing. Anywho.... back to the hotel. These next few were taken in the hallways...




One of the 3 (I believe) suites -- those are REALLY supposed to be beautiful!
I took my computer (so I could train to use my photoshop), books, my camera (to try to learn how to use it!) But there were so many interruptions, it was hard to concentrate on anything for more than just a few minutes. So this is what I mostly did ... look out our window at the construction and watch people interacting on the streets.
I only watched a little news while there and there were a few murders. If they're murdering the people who are there to help them rebuild their city, why would they care about some insignificant "tourist" like moi? Nope, no regrets about not getting out -- well, except for that architecture ... and the aquarium ... and the D-Day Museum ... and I really want to see the Civil War Museum!
Our little ones made us a "Welcome Home" sign!!! They are too sweet!
Back to our dying little garden... here are the carrots and chives.
Oh! We planted 2 new apple trees -- they're dwarf apple trees. We bought one and got the other free!!!
The only potatoes that were edible, from our garden. I just don't have my grandfather's gift.
The corn is still alive, so far...........
.... and the cucumbers....
The tomato plants are all goners, however.
Our first cucumber and tomato! We grew about 6 tomatoes, I think?
About 15-20 strawberries -- all sporadic in growth times -- no strawberry shortcake...
So far we've picked about a dozen peaches. They've all been small, but delicious! Only the Elberta Peach has produced fruit this year -- the Belle of Georgia is just pretty and larger.
Before this incredible heat wave and no rain hit, we were able to pick a few blueberries ...
and blackberries.
Enough to make homemade blueberry muffins!
Finally hung pictures on what hubby calls "Our Memory Wall" -- first we cut out and numbered papers (to mock the frames) for a pattern.
This would have gone easier (albeit MUCH slower) if this had remained a one man job! Sigh...
From this cookbook -- and I can't say enough about it. It tells many stories of these 2 women's lives and I enjoyed reading every one!
I made these Lemon cookies -- they were so delicate, they melted in your mouth -- next time, however, I'm going to have to figure a way to add more lemon (hubby and I love the lemon flavor!)
The puppies are growing so fast! Emma is just so pretty!
Will is our "mess" most of the time! We've since found out that they are probably a beagle/Louisiana Blue Tick Hound mix. They are VERY smart and so sweet (most of the time!)
But because they pick and choose when they're going to let us know when they're going to use our floor as a toilet and when they'll go to the door to be let out.....
Hubby and children cleaned out an area behind the shop to build them a pen.
The pen is finished but they still need shelter ... the doghouse will have to be built next long week-end. So they're still inside pups!
Hubby had to sprinkle Sevin dust out to kill all the centipedes coming in -- they're at every door and window .... kind of creepy....
And because I love sock monkies (have never owned one, oddly enough?) I decided to make Christmas ornaments from felt and batting...
...one for each of the children. They're kind of ugly, but I drew the pattern looking at a pair of Nick and Nora Christmas pj's we bought for our son. Yeah, I know, that's no excuse... but it's the only one I've got. ;*)
And for Father's Day.... sweet hubby and Daddy got a tiller, a box fan for his shop, some new work gloves, and window guards for his car. In this picture, he's tilling up the soil for new garden beds -later we added lime, compost, and cow manure. He said that he remembered adding much manure with his Aunt Jerry when he helped her as a young man!
He took us to Jefferson, Texas on Father's Day (every dad's dream!) and we stopped back in Shreveport, at El Chico's, for supper. He kept saying, "This is my day!" Of course he was joking, that is so NOT him! He's so crazy! So I started calling him "Dadzilla" -- we just laughed and laughed!I sure hope y'all have had a wonderful month and Father's Day with your sweet hubbies and daddies! I'm soon off to catch up with you!
Many Blessings ~~ Julie

9 comments:
Oh Julie, I'm so glad you are back! You have been missed!
The sock monkeys are too cute. Last Christmas I spent weeks trying to find a sock monkey for my sweet Molly (aka Grandgirl). ALL she asked for for Christmas was a sock monkey, and my sewing is not good. FINALLY found one at Cracker Barrel!!
Your garden is doing great. It's such a good feeling to have homegrown produce, isn't it?
I enjoyed the pics of New Orleans- have to admit, I'm not very brave about getting out on my own, like I once was! It must be a fascinating place to visit.
The banner your dear children made for you is beautiful!
I've rambled on much too long....wish we could sit down over coffee and chatter!
Hope you are having a great week-
Blessings,
Pam
Julie,
I'm so glad to see you back on here. I was just catching up! We had WildBlue too and had the same problem...they said we were going over the limits...using too much! We had no idea there was a limit anyway...plus we definitely didn't use it too much! We actually had to wait some days to let it go back down to the normal range! We never understood that...but wondered if someone was tapping into ours! Luckily, we weren't the ones paying for it...my husband's business paid for it. But we just had to tough it out because it was either that or dial up! Then we FINALLY got wireless with ATT available. It's been wonderful! And it's so much cheaper! It's 1/4 of the cost! No problems with unlimited here! I'm so sorry about the problems you've had! Check with your phone company and ask when they might get DSL in your area. We kept doing that and I guess enough people did too and they finally got it!
Love your memory wall! We have pictures all down our hallway too and I love that!
I've also been to New Orleans on a business trip with Jason. I wasn't impressed. We did get some beautiful photos, but I think I went into culture shock! It's definitely no place for me either! And like you, I'm not used to leaving my kids. The only time we ever have are those business trips Jason used to have & then youth trips with Colt ...then my parents kept Colt and then later Joy. I like having all my eggs in one basket! :)
Love the sock moneys! So cute!
Sorry I wrote a mini novel! I had to comment on everything! :)
Hugs,
Tammy
Julie... so many wonderful things! Your garden looks great!!! We were unfortunate with our blueberries this year. Birds ate every last one of them. Our strawberries were soso. All of the rain made the bottoms rot while the top would still be white. Your New Orleans trip looks wonderful. I am more and more scared as I get older. I dont' know why but I am. Your sock monkeys are oh so sweet! Now is the time to start on making presents for Christmas isn't it!!!! I need to get started myself. Thank you so much for stopping by I hope to hear from you soon.
Hi Julie!
So happy you stopped by...you're welcome back anytime! My hubby was in New Orleans yesterday. He and his coworker ate just off of Bourbon Street and said that it's a really BAD part of town. He was glad to get out of there! Did you see the cemeteries that are above the ground? I found them to be creepy and interesting all at the same time. I know what you mean about not wanting to be away from your kids...I'm the same way!
I'm so glad you are back!!! I hope it's for good, too. I love it that you have all your family pictures up. I think they add so much to a home and keep our family--even those passed on, on our minds and in our hearts.
Oh, I'm almost jealous about the N.O. trip! I've always wanted to go. Your pictures are gorgeous--all that detail on those buidings!
I'm glad to see your getting some produce from your garden. This has been an odd year. First, loads of rain, now dry as a bone. It's making it hard to grown anything except impatience!!
Once again~so glad you are back!!
Well, Julie, so glad you are back...my goodness you are a busy lady! Just loved looking at the sweet family photos, your New Orleans trip and the cute puppies. Your garden looks like it will be doing really good! Just loved visiting. blessings,Kathleen
My, my! What a great catch-up post! Love the baby pics, the trip pics, and the garden!! Our DSL has been giving us fits lately so my comp time has been sporadic.
Happy summer!
Hi Julie :)
My goodness you've been busy!
At first I thought you should have gone out and around in New Orleans, but it's still not very safe there, especially without your hubby, so I don't blame you.
I think the sock monkeys are cute! Love everything you're doing around the house and the yard too!
Thank you for your sweet words about Shiloh.
xo,
rue
It's so good to hear from you, Julie! I love the frames- they look so pretty!
Looks like you guys had an awesome trip- man, what a place! I loved seeing all the neat stuff!
I LOVE the sock monkeys- you ought to make some and sell them! Those are awesome!
Post a Comment