Monday, May 18, 2009

Well, I have finally downloaded the pictures of my wonderful Mother's Day gifts.... First are the gifts from our oldest daughter. She drew this picture of our home, scanned it into the computer, printed it out and ironed it on t-shirts for us (hubby and me)! Isn't this just so creative?!?
This is a close-up. She even included the name of our "farm". I've wanted for years to have a home and name it -- this is the best I could come up with.... the family seems to like it. I was still working on it, but now that we have shirts and a logo -- I guess that makes it official! *winks*AND she wrote a book! She loves to write and draw!!! Thank you, Sweetie! Our baby girl, designed and knitted these coasters and cleaning helpmates for me! She knows that I love them -- the only problem is, that they're too pretty to get dirty. I think I exasperate her about these things.But look.... they're so nice and pretty, I just can't get them dirty!She also made me this garden apron -- to hold a small notebook and pen and weeds! She used her sewing machine that Santa brought this past Christmas. Thank you, baby!Our little man designed, built, and painted this craft shelf, for me, all by himself! He was so cute going through all of the scrap lumber in his Daddy's shop. Every time I would walk in, he would jump up from his working spot and ask me to please not look over at what he was building!
This gift was SUPER top secret! Little man needed a "little" help from his Daddy for this one. This is to hold my gardening tools, seeds, gloves, etc. It is huge and I love it! He was so proud to give me this, he and his Daddy worked so hard on it. Thank you, precious!

AND not only what I've shown you, but they also fixed ham sandwiches for lunch and blackberry shortcake. Hubby, who declined to be on camera, even made omelets for supper! I was one super-spoiled, super-blessed Mommy, that day! Well, I'm always a super-blessed Mommy!

I think that all my babies (including sweet hubby!) just really outdid themselves. Everything took so much time, thought, and creativity... I couldn't possibly thank them -- or God -- enough.

Thank you for letting me share my blessings, with you!

Many Blessings ~~ Julie

7 comments:

BittersweetPunkin said...

What wonderful Mother's Day gifts!!!

You have such wonderful and thoughtful children who obviously love you dearly!!

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

Oh my goodness!! You really racked up on the gifts! What a wonderful group of kids. :)

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Julie, this post made me teary eyed! What a blessed little family you all are. Your daughter is truly talented! I just love the name of your farm! All of your little ones are so sweet and thoughtful! You have a big crown as a mother! blessings,Kathleen

Pam said...

Wow--you had a fantastic Mother's Day. Your children are very thoughtful and talented- (reminds me of their Mother!).

I really like the name you have chosen for your home.

I feel very un-deserving of all of the sweet things you wrote on my blog. It is very easy to see where your children learned to have such a loving spirit.
Blessings,
Pam

Donna Lynn said...

WOW, your kids are talented just like you! The apple sure didn't fall too far from the tree, and the fruit is beautiful!
What a blessing to you and your hubby.

XO,
Donna Lynn

Linda said...

Alls I can say is WOW--some talented and thoughtful children you have. Your daughter has a great talent in drawing-and the book looks really neat too. The middle daughter did a great job with her coasters and apron, and your son, he's just so precious, and you can tell they put a lot of time into their projects. You are one lucky mommy.
God Bless--Linda

Paisleyand Polka Dot Patterns said...

How precious! Your children are just amazing! You're an awesome mom, glad you ahd a wonderful day! Hope Dad has a wonderful Father's day too in advance! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin